Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness:Psa. 112: 4 (KJV)
Each time you are faced with a ‘dead-end’ situation at work, in business or in life generally, you are invariably presented with three options:
- Retreat i.e. Turn back
- Stagnate i.e. Stay there (Break down, lament, cry, throw pity parties, dwell there …)
- Advance/ Progress i.e. Keep moving and pressing on against the odds.
It’s been proven that a way always appears with the third option!
Each time you’re faced with a hopeless situation, your options are: retreat/ regress, stagnate, or advance/ progress. A way always appears with the third option. @funmie_adebayo @eachdayonlineTweet
Mary Kay Ash, a 20th century American businesswoman
and founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics once said, “For every
failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a
“For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour” – Mary Kay Ash @funmie_adebayo @eachdayonlineTweet
One of the greatest lessons I have learnt in life, especially at work, is this: Even though things may not turn
out exactly as planned or as I would have loved, when faced with a paralyzing situation, there is ALWAYS a way FORWARD!
Even though things may not turnout exactly as planned or as I would have loved, when faced with a paralyzing situation, there is ALWAYS a way FORWARD! @funmie_adebayo @eachdayonlineTweet
And we can only find the work-around if we look beyond the obvious obstacle, and weigh our options and
alternative course of action.
What to do when faced with practically Impossible Situations:
- Do not panic. Realise that things aren’t always as bad, tough or hopeless as they seem, and God always makes a window of escape by way of a solution or work around amidst the challenging situation, (1 Cor. 10:13),so please calm down.
- Prayerfully Weigh your Options: It is said that desperate situations require strict measures. At times like this, you definitely need the Third Eye to help you see the possible options and outcomes. You may also need to talk to a mentor, friend or counsellor.
- Note the requirements. Each option comes with its requirements. There is no such thing as a dead end in life. The way forward might just be beyond your reach at the moment because you lack some requirements or resources e.g. finance, expertise, godfather, exposure, education etc. Sometimes, all we need is just a little help. Weigh the requirements. What exactly does it take to solve this puzzle?
- Choose the Option that best suits your peculiar situation. Having taken a mental picture of your options and requirements, jot them down and go for the best options.
- Take Action. Your requirement for instance, might be finance, and your best available option might be to pitch to investors or opt for crowd funding if you are in business. Having highlighted your best option, go ahead and take action.
Read on Each Day Online . Credits: Featured Image Photo by Prime Cinematics from Pexels
This article was culled from the revised edition of Getting Your Groove Back by Funmi Adebayo, which is due for release soon.